Heavy duty professional 6.35mm (1/4″) mono jack plug constructed of nickel shell with rubber overlay, gold contacts and silent switch. This silentPLUG automatically mutes (shorts) an instrument (guitar) cable to avoid pops and squeals when changing the instrument (guitar) under load. The integrated silent switch is based on REED-technology and guarantees a lifetime beyond 10 ‘000 mating cycles. The new PX silentPLUG features a rugged metal shell enhanced with a rubber cushion overlay for improved shock protection.
The slimline shell with a width of 15.8mm meets the most recent requirements for highest density jackfields (15.88mm jack pitch). Precise machined one-piece tip contact without rivets makes it unique and avoids hook up in a socket or break off the tip.
Features & Benefits:
- Avoid pops and squeals
- Hermetically sealed switching contacts
- Lifetime beyond 10’000 mating cycles
- Slim plug with industry proven and reliable chuck type cable strain relief
- Sleek attractive design for convenient handling and connections
- Rubber overlay on straight housing for best shock-protection and reliability
- L-D versions available which accommodates cable O.D. up to 8 mm
For use with instrument (guitar) applications only. Damage may occur if connected to amplifier output.
Please note that the signal isn’t muted with some types of active electric guitars which are equipped with tip-ring-sleeve jacks that tap to activate the guitar power supply.