Toslink/Optical cable is a fibre optic connection system. Most commonly used with audio equipment (via a “digital optical” socket,) where it carries a digital audio stream from devices such as CD, DVD, Blu-Ray players and modern video game consoles, to an AV receiver such as surround sound system that can decode the stream of audio and output it through a set of loudspeakers.
Since Toslink uses fibre optic cable, it is free from distortion caused by electrical or magnetic interference that an electrical cable would incur. The result is an audio signal that is purer, as well as truer to the original recording. Gold plating is used on the connectors for its anti-corrosive properties.
Optical cable is most commonly used in home cinema systems, computers, game consoles, digital audio inputs/outputs on modern audio equipment and more.
- 5mm overall diameter
- ideal addition to any professional and domestic digital audio set up applications
- single PMMA inner core and PVC jacket for extra durability and flexibility
- supplied with protective cap
- great sound quality with no interference
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant